Who are we?
Foresight Limited, registered under the laws of England & Wales, has a rich experience and a strong global network across the Shipping, Oil Drilling & Exploration and Financial & Legal Services. The company acts and operates as general agents for clients globally and provides a wide range of agency related services and has a portfolio of office space, which is available for commercial letting.
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data.
We may collect personal information from you in the course of conducting our business, including through your use of our website, when you contact or request information from us, when you engage our services or as a result of your relationship with one or more of our staff and clients.
The personal information that we hold includes:
• Basic information: such as your name (including name prefix or title and suffix), the company you work for, your title or position and your relationship to a person.
• Contact information: such as your postal address, email address, phone and fax numbers, including your home address in some cases, where you have provided this to us, when and where contact was made.
• Information you provide to us for the purposes of attending meetings and events, including access and dietary requirements.
• You may possibly be included in photographs and videos taken at our events that you may be invited to, and choose to attend. These images may be published in media reports and publications through a third party, but shall never be sold.
• Financial information, such as payment-related information during the ordinary course of our business.
• Identification and background information provided by you or collected as part of our business engagements or dealings or contracts.
• Personal information provided to us by or on behalf of our clients or generated by us in the course of providing services to them, which may include special categories of data.
• Any other information relating to you which you may have provided to us.
Why is the personal data being collected and what we use that information for?
All the data you provide to us will be processed subject to the restrictions and for the purposes mentioned in this notice, namely:
– To advise you through e-mail, phone call, or personal meeting in the course of an ordinary commercial relationship, about services/products related to your professional interests
– From time to time we would like to contact you about events organised /sponsored by us or on behalf of Owners of our clients, or about our new services/products which will be communicated to you by email, post or phone call
– To manage and administer our relationship with you and our clients
– To fulfil our legal, regulatory and risk management obligations, including establishing, exercising or defending legal claims
– For the purposes of recruitment
– To perform a contract with our customers, suppliers, service providers etc., such as engaging with an individual to provide our services or receive services
– For legitimate business purposes.
Who collects your data and how is it processed ?
Data will be collected by Foresight Limited (the “Data Controller”), 10 Arthur Street, London EC4R 9AY. You may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal data is processed both manually and electronically in accordance with the above-mentioned purposes and, in any case, in order to guarantee data security and data confidentiality in compliance with current regulations. Our Employees and Third Party (e.g. event organizers, courier companies etc.) can access your data for legitimate business purposes. Our Employees are appropriately trained to process data only according to the instructions we provide them. All the data will be processed until the withdrawal of consent or at the end of a defined retention period.
How we obtain your personal data ?
• When you interact with us directly: This could be when you engage with our staff, provide us with your personal information, if you ask us about our activities, register with us for an event. This includes when you visit our website.
• We collect information from you as part of our business acceptance processes and about you and others as necessary in the course of providing our services. Including for compliance and statutory purposes.
• We collect your personal information while monitoring email communications sent to and from Foresight Ltd.
• We including our employees, current or past, may collect or receive information about you from other sources, such as keeping the contact details we already hold for you accurate and up to date using publicly available sources.
How long do we keep your personal information for ?
We will keep your personal data securely for as long as deemed necessary to comply for regulation, completion of business interest, after which time it will be destroyed securely if it is no longer needed for the lawful purposes for which it was obtained.
Your data will be retained unless consent is withdrawn or an erasure request is made. If you change your mind after an “opt-out”, you can easily request us to add your information by emailing us at: email@example.com
How is data stored ?
Data is recorded on paper, databases and IT systems. Basic personal data such as contact details, company name and address will be stored on our contact database and is accessible to our staff only for the above-mentioned purposes.
Personal information, including special category information if any, obtained for employment or other purposes is stored under lock & key for physical data and restricted control for digital data by only select authorized personnel. Some part of the Employee data is shared with our affiliate company based in Dubai who is assisting us by providing access of their human resource ERP system. The ERP system has strong IT security and access control.
How we protect your information ?
Security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information.
In addition, we use a variety of organizational measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction consistent with applicable data protection laws.
Who we share your personal information with ?
We may share your personal information with certain trusted third parties, which in most cases is under contractual arrangement, in accordance with contractual arrangements in place with them, including:
• Professional advisers , if required
• IT service providers to Foresight Limited
• Third parties involved in hosting or organizing events
• Where necessary, our partners/associates who help us to carry out our services to you.
While it is unlikely, we may be required to disclose your information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements. Where necessary, or for the reasons set out in this policy, personal information may also be shared with regulatory authorities, courts, tribunals, government agencies and law enforcement agencies. We will use reasonable endeavours to notify you before we do this, unless we are legally restricted from doing so.
Your rights and your personal data ?
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you may have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
– to request a copy of your personal data which Foresight Limited holds about you;
– to request that Foresight Limited corrects any of your personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
– to request your personal data to be erased where it is no longer necessary for Foresight Limited to retain such data;
– to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time;
– to request that Foresight Limited provides you with your personal data, and where possible, to transmit the data directly to another data controller (known as the right to data portability);
– where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
– to object to the processing of your personal data with regards to Direct Marketing;
– to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
You can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or by post at The Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
Further processing ?
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not defined by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to the commencement of the new processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, or to raise queries or complaints, please in the first instance contact our office at:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By post: 10 Arthur Street, London EC4R 9AY. Kind Attention: Office Manager
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check our website regularly to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, being on our mailing list or by attending our events, you are agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Last updated: May 2018